- School of International Affairs
Dr. Jeffrey Borowitz is a renowned expert in the intersection of economics and technology, recognized for his work in deploying AI software products and data analytics in fields crucial to societal well-being, such as Anti-Human Trafficking, Anti-Money Laundering, and Criminal Justice. With a strong background in economics and a foundational expertise in physics, Dr. Borowitz has developed a unique approach to addressing some of today’s most pressing challenges through technological innovation.
Dr. Borowitz is at the forefront of creating and implementing advanced AI and data-driven tools aimed at keeping criminals from accessing financial systems, screening open source risks for national security, and understanding and optimizing criminal justice systems. His role involves marrying complex economic theories with cutting-edge technology to provide comprehensive, actionable solutions.
Throughout his career, Dr. Borowitz has distinguished himself not only as a technology innovator but also as a thought leader dedicated to using data and AI for the betterment of society. His work underscores his commitment to the greater good.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,885,124: Granted on 2021-01-05 for "Domain-Specific Negative Media Search Techniques." Assigned to Giant Oak, Inc., this invention by Dr. Jeffrey Borowitz, in collaboration with Gary Shiffman, showcases his commitment to developing technology solutions with substantial impact in the realms of security and public safety.
- PhD in Economics - University of Maryland
- SB in Physics - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Applied Microeconomics
- Public Economics
- Human Capital
- INTA-6004: Model,Forecast&Decision
- INTA-6450: Data Analytics and Security