Registration FAQ

How do I get a permit for an International Affairs class?

Students may request a permit/overload on-line by following the directions below:

  1. Log into Buzzport
  2. On the Home tab locate the "REGISTRATION AND STUDENT SERVICES" channel
  3. Select the "Registration - OSCAR" link
  4. Select "Student Services & Financial Aid"
  5. Select "Registration"
  6. Select "Registration Override Request"

Current Semester Registration

How do I get a permit from another department?

See the Registrar's Office website for information about permits by department.

How do I get an overload for a full class?

INTA policy is that only graduating seniors are allowed to receive overloads if the specific class is required for that particular semester for that semester’s graduation. 

INTA uses the wait list system in OSCAR. Overloads cannot be issued in a class that uses the waitlist. 

When do major restrictions lift?

Major restrictions lift for International Affairs classes on the last Monday of Phase I registration for those classes where we are lifiting the restrictions. INTA 4500 and 4740 never have them lifted. Our core classes are restricted once a year. See notes in OSCAR to see if/when a class will have its restriction lifted. 

What are my program’s requirements?

Undergraduates can also check progress using DegreeWorks.

How do I register my internship for course credit?

Please use our internship course credit forms.

How do I register for an independent study/research class?

Please use our independent studies application forms.

I have a question that wasn’t answered here.

For general registration information or information about registration in different departments, please see the Registrar Office’s website.

If you have a specific question that was not answered here, you can make an advising appointment to speak with your advisor