News: Students from Across the College Honored With Year-end Awards
Posted April 23, 2020
Congratulations to senior Kayla McManus-Viana, an HTS major who has been awarded the 2020 Bellon Award by the School of History and Sociology.
The Bellon Award is given in memory of the late professor Dr. Bernard P. Bellon to a BS-HTS student who has distinguished herself in the areas of academic achievement, leadership, research, and personal integrity.
Congratulations to our School of Modern Language award recipients for the 2019-2020 academic year!
- Excellence in Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies - Matthew Powell (German)
- Excellence in Global Economics and Modern Languages - Mackenzie Anne Golden (French)
- Excellence in International Affairs and Modern Languages - William Thomas (German)
- Outstanding Senior in Chinese - Hannah-Marie Nikauli Wieser
- Outstanding Senior in French - Bonnie Cameron Watkins
- Outstanding Senior in German - Keerthi Ramachandran
- Outstanding Senior in Japanese - Joshua Lundregen and Rebecca Seippel
- Outstanding Senior in Korean - Kyle Burnside Lucas
- Outstanding Senior in Linguistics - Madison Liotta
- Outstanding Senior in Russian - Taylor Morgan Poole
- Outstanding Senior in Spanish - Emily J. Adams
The School of Modern Languages outstanding senior awardees receive an individual plaque and have their names inscribed in the plaque permanently located in the student lounge of the Swann Building. We look forward to celebrating their accomplishments when we are all back on campus.
Each year, the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs honors students for their academic and leadership achievements obtained during the school year. In 2020, six Nunn School students received awards for their academic excellence.
- Olufunke Adebola, Third Place in the Career, Research, and Innovation Development Conference (CRIDC)
- Abigail Burke, 2020 Ivan Allen College Legacy Award
- Noah Craft, Stamps President’s Scholarship
- Genevieve Onyiuke-Kennedy, 2020 Southeastern Writing Center Undergraduate Peer Tutor of the Year
- Madison Reddic, International Affairs Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award
- Rana Shabb, 2020 Ivan Allen College Legacy Award
Congratulations to the Nunn School award receipients for their achievements.