Research Associate I
- School of International Affairs
- Center for International Strategy, Technology, and Policy
A Research Associate at the Center for International Strategy, Technology, and Policy (CISTP), Chris McDermott received his M.S. in International Affairs from the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs at the Georgia Institute of Technology. While at Georgia Tech, he primarily focused on international security issues, with a specific focus on cyber security and data privacy issues. He earned his B.A. in History from Kennesaw State University, focusing on world civilizations and the Protestant Reformation.
He currently aids in research on European LNG and oil pipeline networks, a scenario-based project on the dynamics of command, control, and coordination in cyber-conflict escalation, and splintering in terrorist groups. He also manages CISTP, providing administrative support, coordinating large public events and smaller private events, building budgets and other financial documents, and maintaining CISTP’s public image on the internet.
- M.S. in International Affairs from the Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.A. in History from Kennesaw State University
- Emerging Technology and Security
- Information Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Regional Security Challenges
- Weapons and Security
- Armed Conflict
- Science and Technology
- INTA-4014: Scenario and Pathgaming