The Minor in International Affairs is especially useful for students preparing for graduate school or careers in internationally oriented fields. Completing a minor in international affairs signals to a prospective employer or graduate admissions committee that you have acquired a significant amount of knowledge about international affairs.
- A minimum of eighteen (18) hours of coursework in the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs that includes successful completion of:
- INTA 1110 (Introduction to International Relations);
- One course at the 2000-level (not to include INTA 2001 or 2010); and
- Twelve hours of upper-division (3000-level or higher) INTA coursework.
- No more than six (6) credit hours of Special Topics courses and three (3) credit hours of Special Problem or Undergraduate Research courses may be counted toward the minor.
- No more than three (3) credit hours of transfer credit can be counted toward the minor.
- Courses required by name and number and/or used to satisfy core areas A through E in a student's major degree program may not be used in satisfying the course requirements for a minor. However, courses used in a minor also may be used to fulfill other elective requirements (free electives, cluster electives, etc.) in the student's major degree program.
- A course may not be counted toward more than one minor and/or certificate.
- All courses must be taken on a letter-grade basis and a grade of C or better must be received in each course counted toward the minor.
- A student may petition to allow three (3) credit hours of upper-division, non-INTA coursework to count toward completion of the minor if that coursework is clearly relevant to International Affairs.
- All course prerequisites must be satisfied in order to register for upper-division coursework.
A complete set of guidelines for undergraduate minors is available on the Georgia Tech Course Catalog website.
Declaring a Minor
1. Watch this video for an overview and instructions on how to add the minor.
2. Find and complete the Add a Minor form
3. Have your Major Advisor sign the form
4. Email the form to Stephanie Jackson
5. Set up an Advising appointment to review DegreeWorks and get questions answered. After that appointment, Stephanie Jackson will sign and submit the form.
Associate Director, Undergraduate Advising and Professional Development
Phone: 404.894.0342 | Email: email@example.com
156 Habersham / Ivan Allen College